- Payment of $80 per month is due on or before the first lesson of each month. Please note that this is a regular monthly fee (not a per-lesson fee).
- This monthly fee includes weekly half-hour lessons. Your fee remains the same in months with fewer or more than four lessons.
- During the summer (June/July/August), your fee will be the equivalent of two months, rather than three, and includes two weeks of vacation time for the teacher.
- My preferred method of payment is bank transfer through Zelle – please have your bank initiate the transfer to email@example.com. Other accepted methods are PayPal and check by mail.
Scheduling, Cancellations, and Make-up Lessons:
- Each student has a regular day/time for lessons. Please sign on to your lesson no later than your scheduled time with all of your materials ready.
- A schedule will be distributed seasonally, and lists holidays, group lessons, recitals, and any other events. Emails will be sent as reminders.
- If you need to cancel a lesson, please do so with as much notice as possible.
- Your monthly fee remains the same regardless of attendance. If you cancel a lesson, your fee is not refundable; however, if there is an opening in my schedule, I am happy to schedule a make-up lesson. In order to be eligible for a make-up lesson time, you must cancel no later than noon on the day of your lesson. Make-up lessons are not guaranteed, but I will do my best to accommodate!
- If I have to cancel a lesson, you will be offered your choice of a make-up time or a refund.
- A piano or good-quality keyboard (required for piano lessons, and recommended for voice lessons)
- Lesson books and materials – I will send links to order materials online and/or send sheet music and other materials to print at home. I do not use one specific method series; instead, materials are chosen specifically for each student as they progress.
- Computer/phone/printer and internet access – a good internet connection is needed for meeting for lessons, and a printer, while not required, is helpful.
- Most recent assignment sheet, pencil, and paper should be readily accessible at every lesson.
Practice Requirements: Each student is expected to practice at least five days each week. Rather than practicing for a specified amount of time, I encourage practicing with the goal of accomplishing each week’s assigned tasks. Each week, an assignment sheet is provided, which lists exercises and songs to work on, as well as written work and other assignments as needed, and specific notes/instructions. Young students (and sometimes older students) need parental supervision and assistance with this process!
Group Lessons: Group lessons will be scheduled approximately every other month to give students a chance to perform for each other and play games and activities together. The group lessons are scheduled in place of an individual lesson and are an integral part of the lesson curriculum.
Other Policies and Information:
- Please do your best to arrange your home in such a way that lessons are in a quiet space, free of distractions. To ensure the best connection, it is best if other household members are not using the internet during lessons.
- Please do not record lessons without obtaining permission first. If you would like me to record our session for future review, please let me know.
- Parents are welcome to sit in and/or participate at lessons; however, some students are more comfortable without someone else in the room. Whatever your family prefers is fine with me!
- Please visit your student blog page, located at aplessons.wordpress.com to find exercises, recordings, and information specific to you.
- Students and parents are encouraged to communicate freely and ask questions. Feel free to contact me through phone, text, or email any time.
- I often post pictures, videos, activities, etc. related to lessons on social media. I never post last names publicly. Please let me know if you would prefer that I do not use images/video containing you or your child.
To schedule a free trial lesson, contact me through this form, call 717-421-1879, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.